- 以往聽力稱為Section 1, 2, 3, 4，即日起改為Part 1, 2, 3, 4。
- 以往錄音檔一開始會播放題目範例，即日起錄音檔不播放範例，會從Part 1 的Question 1開始播放。仍有開頭說明及測音，測試聲音大小/耳機清晰。
- 錄音檔移除頁數參考，舉例：Question 36-40 on page 8 改成Question 36-40。
From 4 January 2020, some small changes are being introduced to the instructions and layout of the paper-based Listening test:
- We will be changing the word ‘Sections’ to’Parts’ – The paper-based test will now be divided into Part 1, 2, 3, 4.
- We will be removing the Part 1 example.
- We are also removing the page number references.
There are four sections with ten questions each. The questions are designed so that the answers appear in the order they are heard in the audio.
The first two sections deal with situations set in everyday social contexts. In Section 1, there is a conversation between two speakers (for example, a conversation about travel arrangements), and in Section 2, there is a monologue in (for example, a speech about local facilities). The final two sections deal with situations set in educational and training contexts. In Section 3, there is a conversation between two main speakers (for example, two university students in discussion, perhaps guided by a tutor), and in Section 4, there is a monologue on an academic subject.
The recordings are heard only once. They include a range of accents, including British, Australian, New Zealand, American and Canadian.